The 2 + 1 Diet plan is very easy and perfect for those who are working and have to eat out all the time. In short, most of us eat 3 meals a day. The idea is to make 2 of those meals are as healthy as possible and then for 1 meal, you are allowed to eat other foods (which deemed to be less healthy) in moderation. For most working adults, you can easily control what you eat for breakfast and dinner and ensure it is very healthy, but when it comes to lunch, you are limited to very few options as you most probably have to eat out. Hence why this plan is perfect, because when it comes to lunch you can eat out as per normal people. By making at least 2 out of 3 of your meals healthy, you will already start to see results.
But there are some rules you must follow in order to really see results
- Eat a healthy breakfast. Nasi Lemak and Roti Canai does not count. You should eat breakfast cereal or sandwiches for breakfast. The tip is to eat something that is low in calories, yet fills you up and keeps you full for long periods. Oats are a great option too
- When it comes to lunch, yes you are allowed to stray a little from healthy food but do it in moderation. Eating a 3 piece KFC meal everyday is not going to help. Try to limit fast food to once a week, and if you must eat unhealthy food, eat less of it. I would recommend eating fruits or other healthy snacks before your lunch, so this way you eat less unhealthy food because you are already half full from your pre-lunch meal.
- Dinner should be light as well. Ideal dinners would include sandwiches, pasta, thosai, chapati or for those who are more disciplined... just fruits.
- Try to eat just 3 meals and nothing else. so no snacking in between, no teh tarik after work etc, no goreng pisang
- You should also try to reduce your sweet drink intake. No point eating healthily if you are going to drink 10 cans of Coke a day. So limit sweet drinks to 2 or 3 a day and no more
- Of course as usual, if you could throw in about 30 minutes of walkking everyday or some form of exercise besides just getting up from your office chair, it will defnitely help you burn more as well.
So there you have it. A simple 2+1 Diet plan which anyone can follow and if done properly, i guarantee you will see results. So eat unhealthy food in moderation, and balance it out with 2 healthy meals every day and you will definitely see results. Look forward to hearing your comments.