Monday, October 11, 2010

TRX in Malaysia

Last Saturday, i was invited for the official launch of TRX in Malaysia. Before this, getting your own TRX unit in Malaysia was difficult and many people actually resorted to going to Singapore to order it or mail order it through the internet. Well now, you don't have to go through so much hassle, as TRX is now in Malaysia and can be purchased easily via a simple phone call to the distributor Eco Lifestyle Fitness Sdn. Bhd.

For those who are unfamiliar with the TRX, let me give you a little history on what the TRX is and how it was developed. TRX is a simple piece of exercise equipment consisting of a handle and adjustable straps that you latch on to a solid beam, tree or door. Once you strap it on, you can do hundreds of exercises and honestly, you are limited only with the creativity of your own brain. You can train your arms, chest, shoulders, back, legs, abs... you name it, you can train it. You use your own body weight as resistance and you can increase or decrease the resistance by simply changing the angle of your body. Go to youtube and type in TRX exercises and voila.... you will be able to easily create a workout routine. Each TRX unit you purchase, comes with a DVD set which gives you instructions on how to use your TRX as well as some exercises you can do. The TRX is also getting lots of publicity now as it is used a lot by The Biggest Loser Asia.

Whats my favourite feature about it. It weighs about 2 pounds and you can carry it anywhere. I travel a lot for holidays and now with this, i can have a quick intense workout anywhere at anytime. Now the TRX is great to tone your muscles and help you lose weight. But you are not going to be able to build much muscle mass by just using the TRX. With that being said, when i travel, i may not be able to get the same workout as i would in the gym with weights, but hey, it is still better than not working out at all, right? So in a sense, you would be doing some basic maintanence workouts, which is better than skipping and trying to rebuild once i return. I also like how it creates a lot of unstability which is great for your core muscles.

OK, down to its history. TRX ws born in the US Navy SEALS by a former US Navy SEALS Randy Hetrick. The idea came about when US Soldiers who were out in the battle field for long missions, needed a means to work out and stay fit. Being a soldier takes tremendous amount of fitness so you will need to stay at your best shape, escpecially when you are out in the field. Bringing heavy dumbbells and gym equipment to the field was out of the questions. So Randy and his team put together pieces of parachute webbing sewn together with a boat repair kit to form a crude version of the TRX we know today. This idea caught on quickly and soon other Navy SEALS began using it too. In short, the TRX was born out of necessity.

After retiring from active duty, Randy went on to get his MBA and soon realized the potential of the TRX when he took it down to a campus gym to workout. He got dozens of curious onlookers wanting to know how it worked and if they could have one. Hence he went on to develop it with industrial designers to develop the refined TRX which we have today.

Now i have known about the TRX for some time now and thought it was a decent piece of equipment. But after going for the launch and seeing the versatility of it, i am totally blown away and now i am a HUGE HUGE fan of it. Whats more, for attending the launch, they gave a free unit of the TRX to take home. YES, i cannot believe my luck. I actually got a TRX for FREE. My sincere thanks goes out to Danny G of Eco Lifestyle Fitness for his generosity in giving me a unit of the TRX. It will be put to good use, not only by me, but my PT clients as well.

So, if you are looking for an exercise equipment to invest in, which can be easily used at home, very very mobile and yet is able to train multiple muscles with varying resistance, i truly recommend you to invest in the TRX. The price is RM 1088 per unit, but compare that with say, an exercise bike. For a decent unit, you are going to spend well over RM 1,000... and all you can do is cardio. With the TRX you can do circuit training which provides you with great cardio benefits, strengthen your core and tone your muscles. So which would you rather invest in?

For those who are interested in knowing how they can purchase their very own unit of the TRX in Malaysia, you can log on to www.trxmalaysia.com for more details. One thing for sure, i am going to start using the TRX for all my PT clients. So if you like the TRX and not so sure about it, well you do have the option of signing up for some PT sessions with me and i will bring in the TRX for your sessions.

So what do you guys think of the TRX? As usual, look forward to hearing your comments.

24 comments:

Aizan Suhaira said...

The trx is a great piece of equipment. But paying a grand for it is pretty ridiculous. Just my 2 sen.

Rajan said...

Aizan: Mmm.... fair point. but i still think its a worthy investment... depending on what your goals are.

Eh, didn't you purchase one unit some time back? :-)

KevL said...

"TRX is a simple piece of exercise equipment.."

"..The price is RM 1088 per unit."

=/

Rajan said...

KevL: I understand your reservations man. But i am truly a big fan now.

Aizan Suhaira said...

Yup. I bought some time back. At less than a fraction of the asking price. But yeah, i use the trx in almost every workout. It is nifty indeed.

Rajan said...

Aizan: Cool. Care to share how you got it for so cheap? :-)

Aizan Suhaira said...

Got it 2nd hand from someone who hardly used it.

KevL said...

Aizan: I think I know who.. :P

FITTR Training & Consultancy said...

im selling trx for rm400.comes with door anchor

Rajan said...

FITTR: Is this original TRX or Chiplak one?

KevL: Dude... your really seem to know everyone in the fitness industry. :P

KevL said...

Rajan: Haha where got. I think you also know that person

Anonymous said...

WOW this is an awesome blog. Gonna put it in my reader. :)

RM 1K for TRX it's tooo expensive. I can get the P90X with TRX System the Army version ship via FEDEX and it doesn't cost as much as this.

@Rajan p.s. Aizan bought the TRX System from me :P

benloh said...

wah, is very expensive la... try geting a chin-up bar or some resistance bands

Jaui said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jaui said...

i've been using the TRX for the past 3/4 months and it's totally changed the way i work out and it's really spiced things up for me.
my trainer at FF Maxis introduced it to me, i took a few sessions and I was hooked. I ordered mine from the US website because it was cheaper than the locally available one. I bought the essentials package which had the NEW TRX (there's a few differences), 4 dvds (with 2 extra workouts that they just added) and the mesh bag. with shipping and paying some customs, it came up to just below rm1000
and for all you naysayers out there who say it's too expensive, trust me, it's worth every penny. i take it with me when i travel, i work out in hotel rooms, i hook it up at the gym and blast away for 40mins and really feel it. my body is starting to really transform because of it.
and for all the lifters out there, i've also started lifting better with fewer injuries because the TRX has forced me to stretch my muscles and really activate my core with every movement.
REALLY pumped that the new Fitness First Avenue K will have a dedicated TRX zone.

khairold said...

I wanted to purchase the TRX from trxmalaysia.com. Since they don't have an online store yet, I contacted them via email and asked for the price. This is the pricing they they provided:

* TRX Home Bundle: Includes the TRX Pro Pack (P2 Model) with the Door Anchor – RM1,068
* TRX Pro Pack P2 Model – RM988

When I saw the price I knew there's no way I'm paying that much. The guy from trxmalaysia.com did warned me about imitation TRX floating around the market. But I'm getting the TRX from the official website - fitnessanywhere.com, so it's not an issue for me.

I bought the TRX P2, Door Anchor plus the Xmount. All of those, together with the shipment cost to Malaysia, it cost me USD268.78, that's about RM860.

I placed my order on 12/11/2010, and I received the package today, 20/11/2010.

So all in all, I saved RM200-RM300 (I'm not sure how much they're selling the Xmount here) - all I needed to do is wait for 8 days.

Jaui said...

khairold: just beware of the customs charges...

FITTR Training & Consultancy said...

im selling trx home bundle system.comes with dvd n door anchor.rm400. 6 units left

FITTR Training & Consultancy said...

its CHINA made.been using it to train myself n clients..sold many units to gyms and freelance PTs.Discounts available if get more than 1 unit.cheers...

Unknown said...

Hi FITTR, do you have any stocks left of the TRX for sale at RM400?
TQ, Susanna

Anonymous said...

I sooooo want to buy a TRX.... anyone know where i can get a good bargain??

fuchsia84 said...

hey,just curious,can this TRX can replace the traditional gym workout?can i have the lean 6packs?i dint expext a body like sazali type but a beach body?is it achievable?

syed ilyas said...

hey,just curious,can this TRX can replace the traditional gym workout?can i have the lean 6packs?i dint expext a body like sazali type but a beach body?is it achievable?

Amir said...

In case you are interested to buy TRX in Malaysia, you can buy it at www.MyFitness.my