If you like eating burgers, I would like to share with everyone, my secret recipe to making home made burger patties. The advantage of home made patties… you know what’s going in and you get to control it. A lot of burgers out there are made up by grinding up left over parts, skin and fat. So this way, you get to enjoy almost the same taste, without all the heart clogging ingredients. Here’s what you need.
400 grams of lean minced meat of your choice (Chicken breast, buffalo, pork, beef)
1/2 cup of milk
2 slices of White Bread
5 to 6 Wholemeal Cream Crackers (crushed to fine powder)
2 cloves of garlic (crushed)
½ teaspoon Fennel Seed powder (Jintan Putih)
*Few drops of Maggi Seasoning
All items with * need to be added according to your own taste.
1. Break up the white bread into small pieces and soak it into the milk. Let the bread soak up all the milk until you can stir it with a spoon and the bread completely disintegrates in the milk.
2. Mix all ingredients up (except Corn Starch). You can add more crushed whole meal crackers if you feel the mixture is still too wet. The consistency you are looking for is thick and when you can form a ball with the mixture and it holds it shape.
3. Once the mixture is right, sprinkle a bit of corn starch powder into the mixture. You need to add in roughly 2 tablespoons of cornstarch into the mix. This is to ensure the whole thing holds when cooking and does not break apart.
4. Shape into patties and pan fry it.
5. You can also roll this mixture into a ball and make meat balls out of it.
Go ahead try it and see. If you have a better receipe, please share and I will be more than happy to try it.